Have you heard of Malea McGuinness? I admit that I had not before being asked to review her new CD "Close As Air" which is her second CD. She has been described as "a passionate pop/rock singer-songwriter". As I reviewed her CD I agree that she falls into a pop/rock genre, although some of the songs reminded me a bit of folk/country also. Not the old-fashioned kind of country so much as what some of the country artists are doing now in crossover music. She definitely has a full and rich voice that could handle any sort of musical genre. Some of the songs, such as "Moving On", had me head bopping to them and some of them, such as "Stars" touched my heart. You should listen to her songs and see if she's a new artist that you would like to check out too. Here's a link to a YouTube video of her singing the title track "Close As Air".
Some Interesting Tid-Bits About Malea McGuinness
- Previously, Malea has shared the stage with an eclectic range of artists: Gavin Degraw, The Crash Test Dummies, Augustana, Toad The Wet Sprocket, Ambrosia, Kevin Bacon, Donovan, Tyrone Wells, Terri Nunn, Roger Clyne and the Peace Makers, Boy Hits Car, Todd Rundgren, Ed Burns and The Blue Jackets, Green River Ordinance, Willie Porter, Uncle Daddy.
- While attending college, Malea starred in the Broadway revival of 'The King and I'.
- Malea has her own signature model acoustic and electric guitars with Korea-based company, Peerless Guitars.
- She is half Korean and half Irish.
- Malea is an extremely active animal rights activist, and regularly collaborates with humane societies and rescue organizations all over the country. Currently, she serves as a guest blogger on PetLvr.com: http://www.petlvr.com/blog/
You can preview her songs here on amazon
Or download the MP3 of the title track Close As Air
or the track Spinning
You can visit her site at Maleamusic.com
You can connect with Malea on Facebook
Three readers of Pammie in Jammies will get the opportunity to win a copy of her new CD, "Close As Air".
Listen to the preview of her songs on Amazon and let me know which one is your favorite.
- "Like" Malea on Facebook.
- Leave a comment on her Facebook wall that Pammie in Jammies sent you.
- Follow me on GFC (2 entries so leave 2 comments)
- Subscribe to my email newsletter and confirm it in the email you'll receive (worth 2 entries so leave two comments)
- Enter any other open giveaway.
- Subscribe to swagbucks and leave your first name and last initial in your post. (worth 5 entries so leave five comments) You can read more about it and sign up through THIS POST . You must be participating and I will verify.
Giveaway begins now and will close on Thurs. Sept. 9th at 10PM EST. Winners will be notified by email and must respond within 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen. Limited to US entries only.