I have previously reviewed gift baskets from GourmetGiftBaskets.com and loved everything about them. I was lucky enough to once again get to review one for the holidays that would make a perfect gift for parents, out of town relatives, or anyone who likes to snack! The basket pictured below is the Christmas Gift Basket Classic I received which arrived exactly as shown --wrapped in cellophane, tied with a multi colored raffia ribbon, and snuggled into a great basket that will be nice to keep and reuse. The basket is approximately 12" long and 10" wide to give you an idea of the size. Who wouldn't like to receive such a pretty package?
The items included in the package are:
· Almond Pecan-dy Crunch by Morley Candy Makers - 9.25 oz. - This ultra-luxurious candy crunch is made by covering gourmet popcorn and pecans in a rich, smooth caramel glaze.
· Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies by J&M Foods - 6 oz. - Made with only the finest of natural ingredients, these cookies will satisfy even the most discerning chocoholic.
· Dipping Pretzels by East Shore Specialty Foods - 6 oz. - These extraordinary pretzels are the perfect unsalted snack!
· Robert Rothschild Farm Raspberry Honey Mustard Pretzel Dip - 7.8 oz. - This gourmet raspberry honey mustard dip adds a flavorful zing to pretzels, and goes especially well with the East Shore Specialty Foods Dipping Pretzels that we have included in our Gift Baskets for Christmas.
· Salted Peanuts in Box by Feridie's - 7 oz. – Only the finest peanuts, flavored with salt, these gourmet snacks are just as Mother Nature intended.
· Signature Dark Chocolate Bar by Lake Champlain - 3 oz. - This decadent and complex dark chocolate bar will satisfy the cravings of even the most discerning chocolate lover.
· Buttered Peanut Crunch by Old Dominion Peanut Company - 10 oz. - This flavorful peanut crunch is made with only top of the line gourmet peanuts, brown sugar, and “AA” grade butter. Taste them and you will understand that the best ingredients create the best peanut crunch!
· Metropolitan Trail Mix by GourmetGiftBaskets.com - 4 oz. - Our proprietary blend of nuts and dried fruit is a delicious and surprisingly healthy snack.
· Parmesan Artichoke & Garlic Cheese Biscuits by Salem Baking Company - 1.5 oz. - These crumbly biscuits will melt in your mouth leaving a trail of flavor to be savored.
· Chocolate Covered Cherries by Marich - 2.3 oz. - These indulgent gourmet chocolate covered cherries are one of the favorite snacks in our line of Holiday Gift Baskets.
This is the basket once I opened it and took out some of the items to check out! We've been slowly snacking out way through the basket, and there's something for everyone. I'm more of a "savory" soft of snacker so enjoyed the Salted Peanuts which are large sized peanuts and the Parmesan Artichoke Garlic Cheese Biscuits. I think my favorites are the Dipping Pretzels and the Raspberry Honey Mustard Pretzel Dip. I told my husband I thought they were like snack crack! I knew I should stop eating them, but I just couldn't. The pretzels are fatter than traditional pretzels in a store so dip well and the dip is the best pretzel dip I've ever had....no joke!
My husband is more of a "sweet" sort of guy so he headed for the Butter Peanut Crunch...yummy...and the Almond Pecan-dy Crunch and the Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies. He recommends them all highly. (Okay. So I ate a few too.)
If you're looking for an easy to send, yet impressive to receive gift, then one of these baskets can be just the trick you need. You can pick from baskets like I received, Hanukkah baskets, baskets including wine or champagne (That would be fun!), or baskets featuring chocolates, fruit, or even breakfast items.
There are baskets in different price ranges and can still be delivered in time for Christmas to those far away, or to your own door for a gift you can take with you. I know I've enjoyed the two baskets I've received and am sure your recipients will too! Check out GourmetGiftBaskets.com online or their facebook page.