CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Kroger Private Selection: Review of Pizza, Appetizer, and Dessert






Have your tried any of the Private Selection items from Kroger line of foods?   I've tried a few before and always been pleased, so was happy to be able to review a few as a member of BzzAgent.   I was given coupons to try an item from the pizza line, one from the appetizer line, and a dessert item.

My college daughter wanted to try the  Margherita Napolitana baked pizza.  We all liked this and enjoyed the crunchy crust, plenty of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, and halved grape tomatoes.   We love tomatoes, but I will warn that if you have members of your family who don't like "visible" tomatoes, there are hunks of tomatoes.  The box says it serves 3 and 3 of us tried it.   It easily served us along with the other items, but alone would not have been enough for a meal.


My husband was anxious to try the Southwestern Style Chicken Trumpets.    This is best if served with optional sides of salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.   The chicken is good shredded chicken though and my son LOVED them.   There are a total of 9 trumpets in the box that are moderately sized and they recommend 3 trumpets per serving although the 4 of us shared them.

My son who is a chocoholic was dying to try the Mini Eclairs.  This was a huge hit with 3 of us.   The two kids and I LOVED them and my husband thought they were good but would be better if thawed more.   We were anxious and they were still cold in the center.   There were 20 eclairs in the box and they recommend a serving size of 5 per person or 4 total servings per box.   I think if you had a big meal, 3 of these would be plenty for a small dessert, but we did all gobble up our 5 each!

Overall all three items were thoroughly enjoyed by my family.   My son has already requested more!   These would be perfect for a quick meal, for a snack or even as great appetizers for the upcoming football playoffs and Super Bowl.   Give them a try and let me know what you think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment