CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Amazing Journey Part 2


Yesterday I posted about the amazing day my son was spending in Florence and Rome.  Well his adventure continues today with a day spent entirely in Rome exploring famous sites that I'd love to see.   They are seeing the Coliseum in the morning.   I'm sure this will be one of the highlights of the trip for my son.   He'll love seeing where gladiators fought in a structure that was unbelievable for its time. 




 It was large enough to hold 50,000 roaring spectators when it was inaugurated in 80 AD. Today, it is one of the most dramatic, historic and recognized archaeological monuments on earth.


Images Copyrighted by Historylink101.com & found at Italy and Rome Picture Gallery.




 


Then later he's traveling on to see the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel.  Even though we're not Catholic he's always been fascinated by Papal history and the role the Catholic Church has played in history throughout the ages.


Panorama of St Peter's Square in the Vatican City.






 I would love to see the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel that was painted by Michelangelo.















Or the enormous fresco, The Last Judgment,  painted behind the altar of the Sistine Chapel. 











So I hope he's having another wonderful day filled with learning, appreciation for the history of our world, and awe in the face of an incredible artist.   Now if only Mommy gets to see these sites some day.   Ciao!






1 comment:

  1. Hi Pam! Thanks so much for stopping by and entering my giveaway! I'm following you now too! :)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete