I was pleasantly surprised to be contacted by Walkers and asked to review their products and make a few recipes with their products. They sent me several of the simpler recipes to try because I think they'd heard of my famous cooking (in)abilities. Yet I managed to make tasty treats anyway!
I received their Shortbread Fingers which I already love! They're so rich and buttery tasting and are great plain or I like them dipped into my hot tea or coffee. I also used them to make the Caramel Nut Bars recipe off of their site.
Caramel Nut Bars
1 cup caramels
1 tbls. water
8 Walkers Shortbread Fingers
1/2 cup chopped cashews
In a heavy saucepan, combine water and caramels over low heat to melt the caramels. Stir frequently until smooth. Dip the shortbread fingers in the hot caramel sauce, turning until coated. Roll in the chopped cashews and place on wax paper. P.S. My daughter's job was the rolling in the cashews....just saying :)
Blue Cheese Topped Oatcakes
Walkers Mini Oatcakes
Blend 1/2 and 1/2 blue cheese and cream cheese. Spread that on top of the cracker, with a slice of apple and toasted walnuts.
I received several other items to sample also. One was the Strathspey pictured at left which is a traditional fruitcake topped with marzipan and sugar icing. This is also tasty, rich and sweet.
Both of the recipes would be perfect to serve for a holiday gathering of any sort. They would be great for Christmas parties or New Year's gatherings. The other products such as the Strathspey or the Glenfiddich Highland Whiskey Cake (I can't wait to try this!) would be perfect also.
Thanks to Iza and Walkers Shortbread, one lucky reader of my blog will receive three of these products to try themselves. You will receive the Shortbread Fingers, the Mini Oatcakes, and the Strathspey. Let the salivating begin!
Buy It: Check out Walkers Shortbread at many stores, at Amazon, or at their website.
Win It: Walkers Shortbread has been generous and offered one of my readers Mini Oatcakes, Shortbread Fingers, and Strathspey.
Mandatory Entry: Please visit Walkers Shortbread and tell me another product not reviewed above you'd like.
1) Follow me on GFC (2 entries so leave 2 comments)
2) Subscribe to my feed
3) Sign up for my email newsletter in the upper right side bar and make sure to verify the link in the email you'll receive (2 entries so leave 2 comments)
4) Blog about this on your own blog with a link here and to Walkers Shortbread. (5 entries so leave 5 comments)
5) Enter any other open giveaway.
6) Tell me another recipe from their site you'd like to try.
7) Read my post about swagbucks HERE and leave a comment on it. Come back to let me know on this post
8) Join swagbucks through the referral link on this post and get 5 extra entries. You must be an active member of swagbucks by the end of the giveaway for these entries to count. Make sure to leave 5 separate entries
Giveaway begins now and ends Thurs Dec. 30th at 10PM EST. Must be 18 or older to enter and must reside in the US. Winner will be selected with random.org and will be notified by email. Winner must respond by within 24 hours or a new winner will be selected. Prize will be mailed from Walkers Shortbread.
Disclosure: I have not been compensated in any way for this review. My review is my own and my honest opinion.